Flatbreads are my favorite food. I grew up in India where flatbreads like chapati, poori, nan, paratha are a great everyday food. Since starting my keto diet a year ago I missed eating bread.
So I was searching for a good keto flatbread recipe. I read and saw videos of people making zero carb flatbreads. With all the information, I built up my own recipe. This recipe turned out to be delicious and got easy after a few trials.
1 medium sized avocado mashed
1 green chili or 1 small serrano finely chopped (optional)
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro leaves
2 cups of almond flour
3/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum
Salt to taste.
Olive oil or ghee or any other healthy cooking oil
1. Add the chopped vegetables, salt and lemon to the mashed avocado and mix well.
2. Now add the almond flour and xanthan gum to the mixture and knead them all to a dough consistency. Close with a lid and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
3. Make equal sized balls of the dough, roll them gently into round shapes between two sheets of parchment paper, by smearing a 1/2 teaspoon of oil in the paper before placing the dough ball. This helps to get the rolled out dough easily into the pan.
4. Heat a shallow non-stick pan and keep it in medium low heat.
5. Remove the rolled out flatbread gently by hand from the parchment paper and lay it on the heated pan. Add a few drops of oil around the bread and allow it to cook 1-2 minutes on each side.
Delicious flatbread is ready. Enjoy!