SNOWBALL CHRISTMAS COOKIES – KETO
These cookies are my favorite, they are called as Russian tea cakes or Italian wedding cookies. I first tasted them in a friends house in Florida in 2002.
I learnt the recipe and used to make it during the holidays for my children.
After changing my diet to Keto, I wanted to try these cookies in keto style.
After researching many recipes, I came up with this recipe for these delicious cookies.
1 cup pecan nuts or walnuts
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup melted butter
1 large egg
1/2 cup healthy zero calorie sweetener ( I used xylitol)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease or spray it.
2. Combine and beat the egg, melted butter, and only 1/4 cup of the sweetener and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Add the nuts in a food processor and grind it to flour.
4.Now add the ground nuts and 1/2 cup of coconut flour to the egg mixture and whisk it till they get combined into a dough. If the dough is loose you can add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut flour to make it firm enough to make into balls.
5. Divide the dough into balls and place in the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Take the other 1/4 cup of the sweetener (xylitol or erythritol) and powder it in the food processor. Empty it into a bowl.
7. After 30 minutes, remove the cookies. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and then put each warm cookie into the bowl with the powdered sweetener and coat it and arrange it again in the baking sheet to cool for another 20 -30 minutes.