2 great recipes with almond flour & coconut flour
In order to eat a low carb diet, you do not need to deprive yourself of your favorite foods.
I tried these two recipes for pancakes and they came out very well.
RECIPE 1 (makes 6 pancakes)
5 large eggs
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 tablespoons of stevia or any sweetner of your choice
1/3 cup non-dairy milk (almond milk, hemp milk etc.)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Blend or whisk by hand all the ingredients until they are smooth.
2. Preheat an oiled pan on the stove in medium heat. Drop a spoonful of batter on the pan in a circle, cover for a minute and cook, when bubbles appear, flip and cook another minute or two till brown,
3. Serve hot with butter or sugar free syrup (with very low carb)
RECIPE 2 (makes 3 pancakes)
3 large eggs
3 tablespoon any non-dairy milk of your choice
3 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil or ghee
Blend these then add
3 tablespoon coconut flour
1 tablespoon almond flour
1 tablespoon of sweetner of your choice
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 Blend everything together till you get a smooth pouring batter.
2. The batter may look watery but allow it to settle for 5 minutes.
3. Now pour spoonfuls of batter in the pan and cook on medium or low heat. There are more eggs in this recipe so low heat is more recommended so that the pancakes do not get burnt,
Enjoy with butter and sugar free syrup.