Eggs are rich in protein, fats, vitamins and have zero carbs. They form an essential component of any low-carb diet. Eggs go well with cheese, vegetables, chicken, fish or meat. Research says that on a keto diet you can eat a minimum of 6 eggs per day. A keto diet calls for enough amount of good fat to be added to the diet everyday. It is because your body needs energy and when you are not giving your body much carb, the body trains itself to take energy from fats. So add good, rich fats like butter, olive oil or coconut oil to your eggs and vegetables while you eat. Boiled eggs are my favorite and they are easy to make and they keep for a while in the fridge if you dont remove their shell. You can also make boiled eggs and take them with you with their shell-on on your travels as a Keto . Below are some easy tips to make good boiled eggs.
EASY TIPS TO Make good boiled eggs
1. Add a tablespoon of vinegar or a teaspoon of salt to the water that you are about to boil for the eggs. This will help the shell from cracking open when the eggs are cooking.
2. Add the eggs gently with a spoon into the water after the water starts to boil.
3. Boil on high for 10 minutes only.
4. Quickly remove the eggs from the hot water with a slotted spoon and place the eggs in cold water for 5 minutes only. This will help the skin under the shell to separate from the egg and stick to the shell. This will help you to peel the egg easily.
5. You can also store the eggs with the shell-on in the fridge for a week. Every time you peel it will be easy and also there will not be a grayish color to the yellow egg yolk , it will remain a bright yellow color.