I have a sweet tooth and since I started my keto diet and intermittent fasting schedule, I have discovered many healthy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings. This shortbread cookie recipe is my favorite. It is very simple and easy to make. In the picture below I have the raspberry flavor cookies with a chocolate chip above and also orange flavored cookies with tiny dried currants in them.
2 cups of Almond flour
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1 cup of zero calorie sugar ( stevia or erythritol or xylitol)
Pure essence ( vanilla, raspberry, orange, coffee, cinnamon, any one of the flavors you like)
- Take a deep mixing bowl and add Vanilla essence or any other essence of your choice. If you are using coffee flavor to your cookies, you have to add a 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee powder to a teaspoon of vanilla and mix it well. If you are adding cinnamon flavor to your cookies then you must add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to one teaspoon of vanilla and mix it well. Raspberry and orange essence can be used alone by themselves if you would prefer fruity flavor to your cookies.
- Now add the butter and sugar to the bowl and mix well by hand.
- Now add the almond flour and mix well by hand into the butter sugar mixture.
- Now add an egg and continue to mix till you get a firm cookie dough. I added some dried currants to my orange flavored cookies. They came out very well. I also tried unsweetened chocolate chips on the top of my raspberry flavored cookies, they also turned out to be very tasty. You can always explore your own flavors and combinations.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- in an oiled cookie sheet make tiny bite size balls or bigger if you like of the dough by hand smooth them out and press them a little to make a disc shape, place them a few centimetres away from each other.
- Bake them in the 300 degrees preheated oven for 27 minutes.
- Remove from heat, enjoy them hot or cold.