SPICY JUICY TURKEY PATTIES
These patties are smaller than regular patties. They are flavorful and juicy and they are an any-time snack.
You can make 25 patties from a 3 pound ground turkey meat.
It is also a great meal with salad for those who follow a keto diet.
It goes well with any kind of chutney or sauce.
3 lbs ground turkey meat
2 tablespoons of mayo (I get the olive oil mayo)
1 1/2 tablespoons of garlic paste
Juice of ½ lemon
2 serrano peppers or green chilies minced
2 shallots or one small red onion finely cut
1 cup of finely chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon clove powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (optional)
Add salt and chili according to your taste.
2 cups of gram flour ( those who follow keto diet can use 1 cup of coconut flour)
½ teaspoon xanthan gum (optional) to add to the dry flour
- In a deep bowl add all the cut onions, cilantro, minced chili, spices, garlic paste, mayo and eggs and mix them well.
- Add the ground turkey to this mixture and mix well by hand.
- Make hand sized balls and keep on a plate.
- In a smaller bowl add the gram flour or coconut flour and add the xanthan gum and mix it well.
- Now heat a shallow frying pan on the stove to medium high heat and add 4 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the pan is hot, take each ball and coat it in the dry flour gently flatten in your hand and place it in the hot pan. You can fry 5-7 pieces at a time.
- Fry 3 minutes on each side till you get a golden brown color.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce or as a meal with a good portion of salad.