These muffins are made with almond flour.
Since I started my keto diet and intermittent fasting, I was experimenting with the almond flour and came up with this great recipe. These muffins are so soft and delicious, they are very satisfying. They can be had as breakfast or a snack for anytime. I use the nonstick silicone muffin tins so that the muffins come out perfectly.
But if you use regular muffin tins please coat the tins with butter or oil. You can flavor them with different kinds of essence, fruit or nuts or chocolate chips. Be adventurous and try any one or combinations of these.
Essence : Vanilla or orange, or raspberry or lemon. ( 1 teaspoon )
Fresh cardamom powder with vanilla. (1 tsp each)
Instant coffee powder and vanilla (1 tsp each)
Cinnamon powder and vanilla (1 teaspoon each)
Fruits can be added – dried fruits like blue berries, currants, raisins etc. (1/2 cup)
Nuts can be chopped and added, unsweetened
coconut flakes can be added.(1/2 cup)
Chocolate chips can be added. (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter melted
1/3 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
1/2 cup of sweetener (stevia, erythritol or xylitol)
2 1/2 cup of almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
a pinch of salt
flavor and fruits or nuts according to your desire
1. Add eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar, salt, baking powder and your chosen essence and blend well in a large jar.
2. Now add almond flour to the mixture.
3. Blend it to make a smooth batter. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the fruits or nuts you choose to the batter and mix well with a spatula.
4. With the help of a scoop or large spoon equally share the batter mixture in a 12 tin muffin pan.
5. Place in a 350 degrees preheated oven for 27 minutes.
6.Enjoy hot or cold!
The muffin in the picture has coconut flakes on the top and it is flavored with vanilla and cardamom powder.