Gram flour/Garbanzo flour/chickpea flour/ besan Halwa
Just made this halwa with coconut sugar, it turned out to be so tasty.
You can also substitute coconut sugar with zero calorie sweetener like stevia or erythritol
1 Cup milk
1 cup of garbanzo/gram flour
1 cup coconut sugar or any other sugar you prefer
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup organic butter or ghee
1 teaspoon cardamon powder
a handful of chopped nuts to garnish
- Heat milk and water in a pan.
- Heat the butter/ghee in a shallow pan, when it is hot add 1 cup of gram flour and in medium heat, gently blend in the flour into the hot ghee along with cardamom powder and cook for about 10 minutes until you get a fragrant aroma.
3.Add the sugar and stir.
- Slowly pour the milk and water mixture and continue to stir to avoid lumps
- Continue cooking and stirring till the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from the pan, spread the mixture onto a plate, spread chopped nuts on top of the mixture, allow to cool, and cut into squares and serve.