Paneer is an East Indian cottage cheese. It is sold in the Indian grocery as slabs of cheese. You can cut it into cubes and make delicious recipes with it. This recipe is made with green bell pepper. It also includes soy sauce to give a Indo-Chinese flavor to the recipe.
1 slab of Paneer cut into cubes
1 green bell pepper cut into cubes
1 medium sized red onion finely chopped
1 serrano pepper or any kind of green chili finely sliced (reduce the heat according to your taste)
5 cloves of garlic chopped
2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 heaped teaspoon curry powder
juice of 1/2 lemon
finely chopped cilantro to garnish
To fry the paneer:
1 tablespoon chick pea flour or besan/gram flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ajinomoto salt (optional)
salt to taste
Oil to fry
1. Mix the gram flour with salt, garlic powder and a little water, add an egg and mix into a light paste.
2. Add the paneer cubes and fry in hot oil till golden brown and keep aside.
3. In a shallow pan, add a little oil and add the cut green chilies, garlic and onion and fry with some salt till the aroma comes
4. Add the cumin and curry powders and fry, then add the ginger garlic paste and allow everything to cook evenly till the oil separates.
5. Add the soy sauce and tomato sauce to the mixture and saute some more till they all blend together. Add the lemon juice and balance the taste.
6 Now add the cubed green bell pepper and saute for sometime, do not overcook, let the bell pepper have a crunchy texture.
7. Now add the fried paneer to the mixture and mix well and remove from heat.
8. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
9. Enjoy with rice or any kind of bread or cooked Quinoa.